6001 Dodge Street
Omaha, NE 68182
The University of Nebraska Omaha (UNO) was founded in 1908 and is quite possibly Nebraska’s most fleetingly growing University with its newest campus developments extending into the Aksarben area, including the state of the art Baxter Arena where President Barack Obama spoke in January 2016.
UNO is located in Midtown Omaha, between Dundee and Aksarben, and made up of two campuses separated by Elmwood Park. The north campus is located between Dodge Street and Elmwood Park, while the south campus is located between Pacific and Center Streets. UNO also operates the Kaneko-UNO Library in Downtown Omaha.
UNO currently offers more than 200 programs across 6 different colleges, with new facilities constructed for their business, engineering and information technology programs. In 2011, the Nebraska Board of Regents approved UNO to reclassify from Division II to Division I.
“The Office of the University Registrar will provide high-quality service to our customers with the highest standards of integrity, accuracy, efficiency, confidentiality and security. We will strive to be at the forefront of cutting-edge technologies and partner with students, faculty, staff and alumni to provide comprehensive services for enrollment and academic records management.”
“We aspire to be a department of professional excellence recognized for our student-centered environment.”
Colleges of Study
Arts & Sciences
Communications, Fine Arts & Media
Information Science & Technology
Public Affairs & Community Service
- The Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education classified UNO as as a doctoral/research university.
- 5 programs within UNO’s College of Public Administration are ranked in the nation’s top 25 by U.S. News & World Report. The school offers a
- UNO offers a nationally-ranked Master of Public Administration degree.
- UNO’s Division of Continuing Studies,is ranked in the nation’s top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- UNO’s Master of Business Administration students rank in the top 5% nationally, while the undergraduate students ranked in the top 15%.
First Year Admissions Requirements:
Take the ACT (school code: 2464) or SAT (school code: 6420)
Admissions Application Deadline:
Fall Semester – August 1
Spring Semester – December 1
Summer Semester – June 1
2015-2016 Tuition Rates:
Resident – $8,136
Non-Resident – $21,718
Resident – $7,752
Non-Resident – $16,374
The University offers apartment-style dormitories on both its north and south campuses, with the south campus being the newer of the two.
Mavericks – “The Mavs”
Mascot Name: Durango
Swimming & Diving
Track & Field
Pi Kappa Alpha
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Lambda Chi Alpha
Alpha Xi Delta
Zeta Tau Alpha