University of Nebraska Medical Center
42nd and Emile, Omaha, NE 68198
The main campus of UNMC is located in Midtown Omaha, on 10 square blocks off of 42nd and Dodge Streets. UNMC is Nebraska’s only public academic health sciences center. UNMC has six colleges and two institutes. UNMC’s primary clinical partner, Nebraska Medicine, shares facilities, including two hospital towers, on the school’s main campus. UNMC is led by Chancellor Jeffrey P. Gold, M.D.
The University of Nebraska-Medical Center (UNMC) is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
- Education of a 21st century health care work force
- Finding cures and treatments for devastating diseases
- Providing the best care for patients
- Serving Nebraska and its communities through award-winning outreach
- Embracing the richness of diversity
Our mission is to lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future for all individuals and communities through premier educational programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care.
- UNMC Omaha (Main Campus) – Nearly 10,000 students, employees, staff and faculty work and study here. This 10 square block space includes classrooms, labs, outpatient care, the Lied Transplant Center, Munroe-Meyer Institute and other university facilities. New developments at UNMC’s main campus include the Stanley M. Truhlsen Eye Institute, as well as the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Institute.
- UNMC Lincoln – Located on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Main Campus. Commerce Court houses the Lincoln division of the UNMC College of Nursing, and the College of Dentistry is located on Lincoln’s East Campus.
- UNMC Kearney – Located on the University of Nebraska-Kearney campus. The Kearney divisions of the UNMC College of Nursing and Allied Health Professions are here. UNK houses the new Health Sciences Education Complex and offers pre-professional programs to prep students for continued studies at UNMC.
- UNMC Scottsbluff/Gering - The University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing-West Nebraska Division is located in the Harms Technology Center in Scottsbluff.
- UNMC Norfolk – The Norfolk division of the UNMC College of Nursing is located on the Northeast Community College campus.
- Panhandle Learning Center – UNMC’s College of Dentistry offers it’s dental hygiene program here.
Colleges of Study:
- Allied Health Professions
- Public Health
- Graduate Medical Education
- Graduate Studies
- Eppley Institute for Cancer Research
- Munro-Meyer Institute
- Postdoctoral Programs
- Dual Degree: MD/Ph.D; MPH Programs
- Primary care program ranked 4th of 153 medical schools – U.S. News & World Report
- Physician assistant program ranked ninth – U.S. News & World Report
- The College of Public Health ranked 39th – U.S. News & World Report
- The College of Pharmacy ranked 32nd – U.S. News & World Report
- Physical therapy program ranked 34th – U.S. News & World Report
- Nearly half of Nebraska’s physicians, dental professionals, pharmacists, bachelor-prepared nurses and allied health professionals have graduated from UNMC
- UNMC and Nebraska Medicine have an annual impact of $4.2 billion
2015-2016 Tuition Rates:
Resident – $380/Credit Hour + Fees
Non-Resident – $951.75/Credit Hour + Fees
UNMC owns a variety of rental property units, which are leased to full-time students, residents and fellows of the Medical Center. All rental units are located on the UNMC campus.
- Within walking distance to all UNMC colleges.
- Properties consist of one, two and three bedroom units.
- Maintenance and campus security are available 24 hours a day.
- Leases are based on the academic year.
- Parking is provided.
UNMC students have access to numerous social, professional, service and advisory organizations. These organizations are open to all Medical Center students, some catered to students in a specific health programs or academic achievements.