Creighton University was founded in 1878, as one of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States. Creighton is located just north of Downtown Omaha and west of the NoDo District. The school admits more than 8,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional students each year.
Creighton is a great source of pride in the Omaha community for both academic and athletic recognition – thousands of locals own season tickets to Creighton Men’s Basketball, played at Omaha’s CHI Health Center Arena.
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
- Magis: Literally translated “more.” This is the challenge to strive for excellence.
- Sharing gifts, pursuing justice, and having concern for the poor and marginalized.
- Cura Personalis: “Care for the individual person.”
- Unity of Heart, Mind, & Soul: Developing the whole person.
- Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (AMDG): “For the Greater Glory of God.”
- Teaching behaviors that reflect critical thought and responsible action on moral and ethical issues.
Colleges of Study
- College of Arts & Sciences
- Heider College of Business
- College of Nursing
- School of Dentistry
- School of Medicine
- School of Pharmacy & Health Professions
- School of Law
- Graduate School
- College of Professional Studies
- 94% of incoming freshmen receive some form of financial aid from Creighton
- 2015 was the 13th year in a row Creighton earned #1 ranking in “America’s Best Colleges” edition – US News & World Report
- #2 Best Value School in the Midwest by the US News and World Report
- 3 for Most Innovative Schools in the Midwest Region – US News & World Report
- 1 for Best College for Veterans – US News & World Report
- 3 for Best Undergraduate Teaching – US News & World Report
- #14 Best Dispute Resolution Programs (Werner Institute at the Creighton University School of Law) – 2016 S. News and World Report
- #4 for Student Most Engaged in Community Service – Princeton Review
- Top 380 colleges and universities in 2016 – Princeton Review
- 23 in the section on schools that make an impact – Princeton Review
- #3 in the Best Master’s Universities – 2015 Washington Monthly College Rankings
- #39 Best Value Colleges – Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- 16 Goldwater Scholars recognized for their academic achievements in the natural sciences since 2005.
- Creighton University was named to the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the sixth year in 2013
- Creighton is the first Jesuit university to achieve Fair Trade status as part of Fair Trade Colleges & Universities.
Freshman Admissions Requirements:
- A completed Application for Undergraduate Admission
- Official high school transcript, including the scale on which you were graded, sent directly from your high school
- ACT exam scores (school code, 2444) or SAT I exam scores (school code, 6121)
- A high school guidance counselor evaluation
- A personal statement in which you present yourself, your background, your experiences, and/or your ideas to the Admissions Committee.
- Optional: resume, and/or letters of recommendation written by teachers, coaches, counselors, or mentors.
2022-2023 Freshman Undergraduate Rates
Arts & Sciences – $43,684
Heider College of Business – $43,684
Nursing – $43,684
Donald Keough – former President and COO of Coca Cola
- Joseph Ricketts – Founder of TD Ameritrade and owner of the Chicago Cubs
Bob Gibson – Major League Baseball Hall of Fame pitcher
Kyle Korver – NBA player; Atlanta Hawks
Doug McDermott – NBA player; Chicago Bulls
Traditional Halls – All Freshman
Suite Style Housing – 1st & 2nd year Students
Apartment Style – 1-4 bedroom layouts
Mascot Name; Billy the Bluejay
Blue and White
Creighton competes in NCAA Division I athletics, within the Big East.
- Notable basketball alums: Paul Silas, Benoit Benjamin, Kyle Korver, and Doug McDermott.
- Women’s basketball won the WNIT championship in 2004.
- Men’s soccer made 17 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances from 1992-2008.
- Creighton’s baseball appeared in the NCAA College World Series (1991).
- Notable baseball alum: Hall of Fame pitcher Bob Gibson.
- Women’s softball has appeared in six of the past eight NCAA Tournaments.
- Notable softball alum: Tara Oltman is the best pitcher in MVC history, and remains the only student-athlete in Bluejay history to earn first-team all-conference honors in four consecutive seasons.
Phi Beta Kappa – National Honor Society
Alpha Sigma Nu – Jesuit Honor society
Sigma Pi Sigma – physics
Psi Chi – psychology
Phi Sigma – biology
Phi Sigma Tau – philosophy
Pi Sigma Alpha – political science
Sigma Tau Delta – English
Beta Alpha Psi – accounting
Eta Sigma Phi – classics
Alpha Psi Omega – theatre
Beta Theta Pi
Phi Delta Theta
Phi Kappa Psi Pi Kappa Alpha
Sigma Alpha Epsilon
Sigma Phi Epsilon
Delta Delta Delta
Gamma Phi Beta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Pi Beta Phi
Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority
Theta Phi Alpha